Were firm believers that there are few things in life better than a yummy dessert to cap off an equally delicious meal. After all, some meals are just designed to marry savory and sweet, like our corned beef sliders, which just so happen to pair perfectly with this chocolate Guinness cake!
On the other hand, if youre looking for a dessert that tastes just right after any meal, look no further than our simple and elegant recipe for Puff Pastry Pears with Chocolate.
If youre a fan of baked apples, this juicy, hearty treat should be next on your list. Combining simple, ready-made puff pastry with all of the succulent flavor of baked pears, youll be stunned by how easy it is to make something so tasty.
Best of all, these treats are lighter on pastry than pies or crumbles. As a result, theyre quite a bit healthier than many similar recipes, but still feel like a decadent way to celebrate a fulfilling summer dinner.
Print out the recipe below to try this yummy treat for yourself!
- 2 Bartlett pears
- 1 package puff pastry
- 1 bar semisweet chocolate
- Granulated sugar
- Peel, trim, and halve pears.
- Scoop out the core with a spoon or melon baller so you have a hollow in the middle.
- Slice puff pastry into four even squares.
- Fill the hollow of each pear with 2-3 squares of chocolate. Then place, hollow side down, on pastry squares.
- Use a sharp kitchen knife to cut an outline in the puff pastry around the pear, leaving about half an inch of pastry around the edge.
- Use pastry scraps to make a stem and leaf for each pear.
- Lightly score leaves with knife for decorative texture.
- Without cutting all the way through, slice lengthwise along each pear until there are 4 or so slices running from top to bottom.
- Sprinkle liberally with granulated sugar.
- Bake for 25 minutes at 375 F.
- Serve hot and enjoy!