Unclear whether violence links between Black Friday sales after man, 20, dies at the scene near Macys in Mays Landing, with friend in stable condition
Black Friday, as shoppers across the US went on all-night huntings for shopping deals.
It was not clear if the shooting was linked to the sales in any way but shoppers were alarmed at the violence which took place outside a Macys department store at the Hamilton Mall in the Mays Landing area at about 1am, according to CBS Philly. Dozens of shell casings were said to be scattered around a bullet-riddled silver SUV in the parking lot of the mall.
A 20 -year-old man died at the scene and his 26 -year-old brother was treated in a medical centre and was in stable condition with a gunshot meander to his leg, CBS said. Authorities have not given any details about who fired the shots and if there is a suspect at large.
The prosecutor on the case was not immediately available for commentary.
- 5-IN-1 SURVIVAL TOOL: A2S Survival TM (Team) K2-peak is a complete paracord survival bracelet that includes: High-Quality Compass. Flint Fire Starter. Fire Scrapper, use it also as Emergency Knife. Emergency Whistle creates noise levels of up to 100db. Comes with a useful leaflet with instructions, survival tips & ideas.
- SIZES THAT FITS EVERYBODY: For Men Women Teens Kids We provide 4 Fixed Sizes + 1 Adjustable size. Fixed Size variations: 7.5, 8.0, 8.5, 9.0 inches. Adjustable Size variations fits all wrist sizes between 8 - 9,5 inches. Please check the size instruction image, measure your wrist & be sure that you selecting the right variation before ordering. Please notice both bracelets in each set are the same size.
- UNMATCHED POWER & VERSATILITY yet FASHIONABLE & FUNCTIONAL: Wide Range of Colors, made of ultra-strong, military-grade 550 Parachute Cord, buckle with built-in Compass, Fire-Starter, Emergency Blade & Whistle. Emergency gear necessary for everyone.
- LIGHTWEIGHT & COMFORTABLE DESIGN: Make the A2S Paracord Bracelet an indispensable survival accessory for any camping, fishing, hiking or hunting trip. MAGNESIA ROD (Flint Fire Starter) gives you a secure solution when lighting a fire is a matter of an emergency. Rub the rod to the to get spark and fire under any weather conditions. Please check the fire starter instructions image.
- TESTED FOR EXCELLENCE: Has been tried & tested to a minimum breaking point of 550lbs/250kg. Deploy your 12 FEET OF PARACORD in any situation where an extremely strong rope or cordage is needed. Use it as a trap, make a shelter, or use one of the finer SEVEN INNER STRANDS as FIRE TINDER; FISHING LINE or SEWING STRING.
- [6 in 1 Waterproof Case]: Stainless Steel Versatile Tool Card, Fire Starter, Compass, Wire Saw, Emergency Whistle, Multifunctional Flashlight Pliers. One case can meet your different needs. The box size is 5''X 3.5''X1.6'', weight is 6.8oz.
- [Practical & Durable Survival Kit]: Whistle is loud and has a key ring on one end. Compass is compact, flexible and high sensitivity. Wire saw has saw blades sharp and smooth, do not hurt hand and can cut stuff and pretty quickly. Fire starter is easy to use, simply draw the strike rod down the block to create sparks to light your kindling.
- [Multi-funcion Tool]: The steel tool card is a multi-tool, including can opener, knife edge, screwdriver, ruler, cap opener, 4 position wrench, butterfly wrench, saw blade, direction ancillary indication, 2 position wrench, and a key ring holder. Multifunction Flashlight Pliers includes six daily home furnishing repair tools.(The battery of flashlight is included.)
- [High-quality Set]: Each of the inside components is well made. The zipper case is waterproof and shock resistant. The other six components are made from stainless steel or plastic material. Very sturdy and durable.
- [A Must Have for Everyone]: Perfect for Outdoor Enthusiasts, It's necessary when camping, hiking, hunting, biking, climbing, traveling, adventures, survival and in emergency situation. A must have for us. Also great for a gift.
- ULTRA LIGHTWEIGHT COMPACT SLEEPING BAG: Made out of ultra-lightweight HeatEcho™ reflective polyester film, this survival blanket sleeping bag weighs just 4.8 ounces. It also compresses into a tiny stuff sack, so you can carry this sleeping bag with your survival kit everywhere you go without weighing yourself down.
- MADE FOR EMERGENCIES: The bright orange color of the light weight sleeping bag cover helps rescuers identify you with ease. Plus, the HeatEcho™ material reflects 90% of your body's heat back to you, making it an essential survival tool and addition to your bug out bag, emergency shelter or camping gear.
- INCREDIBLY DURABLE: For its weight and thinness, this sleeping bag will surprise you with its strength. The material ensures a tear-resistant, windproof AND waterproof sleeping bag. Plus, this emergency bivvy bag features reinforced taped seams, creating a weather-resistant barrier between you and the frigid cold.
- EASY TO USE CONVENIENT TO STORE: Easier than an emergency blanket, just unpack the sleeping bag from the included stuff sack and slide inside - also use as a sleeping bag liner and raise your body temperature by 20°! When inside the stuff sack this bivy bag is so small it fits in the palm of your hand - which means you can store it anywhere. We recommend keeping it with your survival kit, in your bug out bag, camping gear, and glove box so you have it ready when you need it.
- BEST GUARANTEE IN THE INDUSTRY: We guarantee our product with our 6 Month "Any Reason" Refund Guarantee. Ships from USA. Click Add to Cart Now!
Its sad, one shopper said at the scene. Weve been doing this, me and my girls, for likely about 10 years now, just for the fun of going out a girls night and trying to get some special sales and its get scary now.
The shooting was the only reported apparently shopping-related Black Friday violence as shoppers flocked to the malls and department store in search of discount deals.
Stores such as Macys, Walmart and Target were open Thursday evening in what they hope will be a new holiday tradition as they try to fight off competitor from online retailers like Amazon.
This year, shoppers are expected to expend $27 bn on the Friday after Thanksgiving, according to the consulting firm Customer Growth Partners. That stimulates Black Friday now the second-biggest US shopping day of the year behind Super Saturday, which falls the weekend before Christmas.
Steve Bratspies, chief merchandising officer at Walmarts US division, said in addition to Black Friday favorites such as televisions, consumers were looking for drones, virtual reality products and hoverboards.
Target and Walmart announced their holiday performance numbers earlier than ever. Tvs were a top dealer, with 3,200 Tvs sold every minute during the course of its first few hours of the stores opening. The merchandiser also sold half a million video games, and reported that it sold five times more wireless headphones than last year and robotic vacuums produced 10 periods last few years sales.
Target CEO Brian Cornell said the stores were seeing a very positive response, the Associated Press reported. Saw very long lines. Its very positive from a digital standpoint. Its one of strongest days ever with an overall lift in sales and traffic gains.
I look at the consumer and the state of the economy, Cornell said. Its a great time to be a consumer in US. The GDP is expanding, although Id like to see it at 6 %; gas prices are low, food prices low and interest rates are low. Its a great time to be a retailer.
Walmart said it had sold 150 m pounds of turkey and ham and more than six pies per second throughout November, and that Thanksgiving Day was once again one of the top online shopping days of the year.
But retail analysts reported that Black Friday was off to a slow start. For brick-and-mortar retailers, the challenge is to draw customers into the stores instead of going online. Last year, more people shopped online during the course of its Thanksgiving weekend than ventured out.
I have never seen Black Friday morning so calm, said Marshal Cohen, chief industry analyst at NPD Group. He told the AP he still believed the weekends sales would probably be up over last year because shoppers did lots of buying, including pricey flat-screen TVs.
All-night shoppers were still drifting through the aisles of Macys in New York at dawn. Store associates said the crush to get in last year was more intense, when 100,000 consumers mobbed to get in.
Veronica Harriet, a seasoned Black Friday shopper, said the deals being offered online were better than those in the stores.
Black Friday is not what it used to be. Its still a tradition but if you stay at home and shop online you dont have to go through all the pushing and shoving.
Linden Kellett, a visitor from the UK, said the sales system, especially at stores like Apple, was too complex because it involved a voucher system. Elsewhere, he said, the discounts werent as deep as he expected.
Its not as exciting as I expected, and I dont suppose the savings are as good.
Another visitor from the UK, Susie Collins, 39, had flown from Europe with girlfriends to cruise the stores. She had picked up two pink trolls and some underwear for her boyfriend at 50% off. But she said she hadnt find the doorbuster deals she was hoping for. We were expecting more, Collins said.
Outside Victorias Secret another store that had been open all night shopper Miriam Drosane shook her head. Its no good, she said. Everything is the same as it was last week.
But others said it was at least a respite from politics. At least its something positive and not the election, said Michael Josephson at Macys.