When I was a kid, the only time I was able to enjoy a funfetti dessert was when someone made a cake with yummy funfetti icing.
However, since then, tons of colorful and exciting dessert ideas have surfaced, like these unbelievable funfetti cheesecake crescent rolls.
And now, I’ve found a way to infuse this rainbow goodness into one of my all-time favorite sweet treats: the doughnut.
In this exclusive video, you’ll see just how simple it is to whip up a batch of funfetti doughnuts right in your own kitchen.
Not only are these delicious doughnuts full of flavor, but they are quite pretty to look at as well. They are the perfect festive treat to bring to a kid’s birthday party, or just to enjoy at home!
Scroll through below for an in-depth look at this tasty dessert recipe, and then watch the video to see these funfetti doughnuts being made.
- 1 cup flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 Tbsp. ground nutmeg
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup yogurt
- 2 Tbsps. butter, melted
- 2 1/2 tsps. vanilla extract
- Rainbow sprinkles
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and nutmeg in a mixing bowl.
- In separate bowl, combine egg, 1/4 cup milk, yogurt, butter, and 1 1/2 tsps. vanilla extract.
- Add in all the mixed dry ingredients.
- Gently fold in 1/2 cup rainbow sprinkles, ensuring no color bleed.
- Pour the batter into greased doughnut sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 350 F.
- In saucepan, combine 1/4 cup milk, 1 tsp. vanilla, and powdered sugar over heat.
- Pour glaze into a bowl.
- Dip donuts into glaze and top with sprinkles.
- Serve and enjoy!
Don’t forget to print the recipe, and please SHARE with anyone who loves funfetti treats!